Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

Literal
Jonathan Martinez:
(213)-253-26677 Ext. 4218 

Interpretive
From Mentorship I learned I am going to deal with a varied group of people. What I mean is that I will be facing a lot of diversity at college, medical school, and the workplace. Because I'm so shy around strangers, I tend to come off a little awkward or quiet. I learned how to approach strangers and talk to them. It also helped get over my anxiety around adults. I had to learn that the people at the hospital were both my role models and peers. It took a while for me to accept this but I'm grateful for mentorship because it gave me the chance to blossom.

Applied
I did a majority of menial tasks, but it did help understand the basis for my EQ. People think consultations are cut-and-dry, but in reality to get to that point, doctors must make time, appointments need to be made, and following consultations, pharmacists are in charge of organizing, ordering, and shipping medicine. My mentorship helped me answer my first and best answer the most because I seemed to naturally cling to it the most. I looke at a lot patient profiles, specific medication labels for blind people, sat in on consultations where a medical profile was used to help the pharmacist, double checked through all patients who had come in the last month and made sure their CPP had been updated. A lot of work but I do miss the people at the clinic.

No comments: